Need help with your booking?
Here you can find the answers to the most frequently questions made by our customers. You can find questions regarding, hygiene, safety, cancellation, changes and other issues.
In the context of the COVID-19 world dissemination, Pestana Hotel Group has reviewed its services, processes and protocols in order to reinforce its commitment with the clients’ and teams’ health and safety As a result, Pestana Hotel Group will ensure that the rules issued by each country’s sanitary authorities will be continuously in place in all its hotels, namely:
- All team members are suitably equipped with personal protection equipment, adjusted to their roles.
- All public areas capacities and disinfection protocols were reviewed in line with the applicable restrictions –lifts, pools, terraces, among other – and specific signage was produced to guarantee social distancing in all the hotels’ areas.
- Alcohol based disinfecting gel dispensers are available throughout the hotel.
- All clients must wear masks when circulating in indoor closed areas. In the remaining areas such as bars, restaurants and outdoors, mask are optional for the clients.
- Each hotel has a dedicated Health & Safety Ambassador, who will ensure compliance with the hygiene and disinfection protocols and will be available for all teams and guests’ health and safety queries.
- The Portuguese Tourism Board’s Clean&Safe seal certifies all Pestana Hotel Group’s Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal in Portugal. For detailed information on the revised processes and procedures, please read the Pestana Hotel Group Hygiene & Safety Commitment here.
All Pestana Hotel Group Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal are certified by the Portuguese Tourism Board’s Clean&Safe seal as they gradually reopen.
3. Which Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal are open now?
Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal will gradually reopen, ensuring that the rules issued by each country’s sanitary authorities are in place. To find out which hotels are open at each stage, please go follow this link
4. Have there been any services changes in the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal ?
The correct implementation of the national health authorities’ rules lead to service standards adaptations in most cases. These may vary from hotel to hotel depending on the pre-existing services and hotels’ dimensions. Standards may also be revised following legislative updates as they occur at each stage, in each country. To know more about the Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal full services please select the hotel’s or Pousada’s individual page at pestana.com
5. In case there was a change in services, can I change or cancel my reservation?
You may change or cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to check in day. Our support team is prepared to find the best available alternatives, with favorable conditions. Should you still prefer to cancel no penalties will be charged up to September 2020. Please call our contact center (808 252 252 – from Portugal) or via + +351 218 442 001 or write to email@example.com
6. Will the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal bars and restaurants be open?
Most bars and restaurants will be open. Some procedures and formats have been changed to comply with the national health authorities rules, namely:
- All self-service services have been suspended and, varying throughout the hotels portfolio, alternative services are available: Grab & Go, Take-Away, à la Carte, serviced Buffet.
- Three levels of Food & Beverage service were implemented:
- Self-catering – restaurant & bars are temporarily closed and clients can prepare the meals at the kitchenette available on the room/house/apartment.
- Limited Service – restaurant and bar services are limited to breakfast
- Full service – all restaurant and bar services are fully working for all meals
- Table reservations are mandatory in order to guarantee compliance with rooms’ maximum capacities. The updated Pestana App includes this new feature.
- Clients are allowed to order meals from outside restaurants or online apps. External meals should be rendered at the hotel entrance.
- The App also includes the bars and restaurants’ menus. Single use paper menus are available on request. For further updated information on each Hotels’ and Pousadas de Portugal services please go their dedicated page at pestana.com
Pools will be open complying with the national health authorities’ rules, namely regarding capacity and distance between sunbeds. For the moment, only external pools will be open.
8. Will you guarantee a spot on the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal operated beaches?
Our beach resorts offer clients the possibility of reserving a place in the hotel’s concession beaches. For detailed information about this service which requires mandatory reservation, please contact our support team via (808 252 252 – from Portugal) or + +351 218 442 001 (external calls) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Is it obligatory to wear a mask inside the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal?
All clients must wear masks when circulating in indoor closed areas. In the remaining areas such as bars, restaurants and outdoors, mask usage by the clients is optional.
10. The Hotel/Pousada I had a reservation for is still closed. How can I change or cancel my reservation?
You can change or cancel your reservation without any penalties. We suggest you connects with us via our contact center (808 252 252) or via our email: email@example.com
11. Will the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal SPAs be open?
The SPAs functioning will comply with local authorities’ rules and may be revised and updated as the situation evolves. For more details on the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada please visit their dedicated pages at pestana.com
12. What are the advantages of installing the Pestana App on my phone?
The improved Pestana App offers a set of services that can facilitate your stay before, during and after your stay, namely checking-in online, room service orders, restaurant/table reservations, available menus and access to a wide variety of national and international press titles (in partnership with Press Reader)
13. What are the advantages of registering in the App?
Besides the services mentioned above, that will make your check in and other moments easier during your stay, you will have access to dedicated promotions and other useful information for future stays. The registration process is automatic and may be done at any given time, granting immediate access to the Pestana Guest Club. For further details on this program please visit us atlink
14. If I forget or lose my mask, will the hotel give me one?We recommend guests carry their own personal protective material. However, personal protection kits – including mask, gloves and sanitizing solution, will be available. Receptions are also equipped to assist guests with any extra materials during their stay.
15. What does the Health & Safety Ambassador do?
At each hotel, you will find a Health & Safety Ambassador, who will ensure compliance with the hygiene and disinfection protocols and will be available for all teams and guests’ health and safety queries.
16. Should there a COVID 19 case, what are the procedures?
Should you suspect you have been infected with COVID, we recommend you stay in your room and contact the reception. All Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal have designated areas for infected guests where they can safely await the arrival of the local health professionals to evaluate and or transfer them to a local health facility. All team members have been instructed on these procedures.
17. How will keys be handed over and will there be a porter to carry the luggage?
In order to ensure the safety of all clients and team members, all keys are sanitized prior to being given to guests. In the same manner, luggage is duly sanitized before and after being transported by our staff.18. How will the rooms be cleaned and disinfected?
Pestana Hotel Group has reviewed all its hygiene and safety protocols in order to ensure the guests’ and teams’ health. The cleaning and sanitizing procedures have also been reviewed, in compliance with the national health authorities’ rules and the following changes were made:
- Team members wear masks, gloves, protective glasses and disposable hair cap as well as plastic aprons.
- Rooms are cleaned – with adapted regimens, frequency and products – only when guests are not in the room and have been away for at least 20 minutes.
All cleaning and sanitizing procedures have been reinforced and are performed on a daily basis, as well as sheet and bath towels replacement.20. May the guest chose not to have his room cleaned?
Daily cleaning and disinfection protocols have been reinforced in compliance with the national health authorities’ rules. However, guests may choose to clean the room themselves in which case they will be given a cleaning kit (requested at check in). All rooms are totally cleaned and disinfected prior to the entry of a new guest.
21. Are lifts active and do they have maximum capacities?
Lifts and public areas may be used in compliance with the national health authorities’ rules in place. Elevators’ capacities have been adjusted to their own dimension as per information at each hotel.