Here you can find the answers to the most frequently questions made by our customers. You can find questions regarding, hygiene, safety, cancellation, changes and other issues.
1. What processes and procedures have been adapted in the context of COVID-19?
In view of the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, the Pestana Hotel Group has reviewed its services, processes and procedures in order to maintain its commitment to safeguarding the health and safety of its guests and employees.
The guidelines issued by the health authorities of each country will therefore be continuously adhered to in all Pestana Hotel Group hotels, namely:
- All employees are duly equipped with personal protective equipment, as appropriate for the performance of their duties;
- All disinfection protocols and capacity limitations for public areas have been revised in accordance with current restrictions;
- Dispensers with an alcohol-based disinfectant solution have been placed In various areas of the hotels;
- At the moment, in Portugal, the use of a mask is compulsory whenever you are indoors;
- The Pestana Hotel Group’s Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal in Portugal are certified by the Clean & Safe seal issued by Turismo de Portugal.
2. Do the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal have the Clean & Safe seal as certified by Turismo de Portugal?
All Pestana Hotel Group Hotels/Pousadas in Portugal have Turismo de Portugal`s Clean & Safe certification seal.
3. Have there been any changes to services at some Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal?
The correct implementation of the guidelines issued by the health authorities of each country has led, in most cases, to changes in service levels at Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal. These changes will be revised over time in accordance with legislative changes applicable at the time in each individual country. For up-to-date information about the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada, we suggest you check the page of the specific Hotel/Pousada at pestana.com.
4. If there has been a change in service, can I change or cancel my booking?
The applicable conditions for changing or cancelling a booking depend on the cancellation policy in effect at the time of booking. For this purpose we suggest you contact our call centre on 808 252 252 (call from within Portugal) or on +351 218 442 001 (call from outside Portugal). You can also use the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Will the restaurants at Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal be operating?
The majority of restaurants and bars will be operating although some service procedures and formats have been revised in order to comply with the guidelines issued by local health authorities, namely:
- We recommend pre-booking of restaurant tables so that we can ensure compliance with maximum capacity restrictions. You can also make your booking through the Pestana App.
- We have placed the menus of restaurants and bars on the Pestana App, as well as on the QR codes and screens available in these spaces. For up-to-date information on the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada, we suggest you check the specific page of the Hotel/Pousada de Portugal at pestana.com.
6. Will the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal swimming pools be operating?
Hotel swimming pools will be in operation, ensuring compliance with the measures issued by local health authorities, namely with regard to maximum capacity and social distancing between chairs/loungers.
7. Is it mandatory to wear a mask inside the Hotel/Pousada de Portugal?The mandatory use of a mask will depend on the measures issued by the local authorities and this may be revised to comply with any updates. At the moment, in Portugal, the use of a mask is compulsory whenever you are indoors;
8. The Hotel/Pousada where I made my booking is closed, how can I change or cancel my reservation?
You can change or cancel your booking at no additional cost. For this purpose we suggest you contact our call centre on 808 252 252 (call from within Portugal) or on +351 218 442 001 (call from outside Portugal) or via the e-mail email@example.com.
9. Will the spas at the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal be operating?
The operation of the spas will be in accordance with the measures adopted by the local authorities and may be reviewed in accordance with the updates introduced. For up-to-date information about the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada, we suggest you check the page of the specific Hotel/Pousada at pestana.com.
10. What is the advantage of installing the Pestana App on my mobile phone?
The Pestana App available at this time gives you access to a range of services before, during and after your stay, namely online check-in, room service orders, restaurant/table booking, information about available menus and a wide range of national and international press publications (in partnership with Press Reader).
11. What is the advantage of registering on the Pestana App?
In addition to the services indicated above, which will facilitate the check-in process and other aspects at times during your stay, you will have access to dedicated promotions and other useful information for future bookings. The registration process is automatic and can be done at any time.
12. If a case of COVID infection is detected, what are the procedures in place?
If you suspect that you have been infected by COVID, we recommend that you remain in your room and contact the reception desk. All employees are trained in these procedures.
13. How will the rooms be cleaned and disinfected?
The Pestana Hotel Group has reviewed all hygiene and safety procedures and processes in order to ensure the health of its guests and employees. Cleaning and sanitation processes have therefore also been revised in light of the guidelines issued by the local authorities, with employees being provided with individual protection equipment appropriate to their functions.
14. Will daily cleaning of the rooms continue to be ensured?
All cleaning and sanitation procedures have been intensified so that daily cleaning is ensured.
15. Can a guest choose not to have daily cleaning?
Daily cleaning of the rooms has been intensified in accordance with the guidelines issued by the local authorities. However, the guest may choose to do their own cleaning. All rooms will be duly cleaned and sanitised prior to the entry of a new guest.
16. Are the lifts operational and subject to any capacity limitations?
The use of lifts, as well as other public areas, must follow the guidelines issued by local health authorities. Lift capacity has been adjusted and should be consulted at the Hotel/Pousada de Portugal itself.