Hulp nodig bij uw boeking?
Here you can find the answers to the most frequently questions made by our customers. You can find questions regarding, hygiene, safety, cancellation, changes and other issues.
1. What were the processes and procedures adapted in the context of COVID-19?
We would also like to inform you that, in the context of the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, the Pestana Hotel Group has reviewed its services, processes and procedures in order to maintain its commitment to safeguarding the health and safety of its guests and employees.
In this way, the guidelines issued by the health authorities of each country will be continuously adhered to in all Pestana Hotel Group hotel units, namely:
2. Do the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal carry the Clean&Safe seal as certified by Turismo de Portugal?
- All employees shall be duly equipped with personal protective equipment, adjusted for the performance of their duties.
- All of the maximum capacity restrictions and protocols for the disinfection of public areas have been revised in accordance with the restrictions in force – lifts, swimming pools, terraces, among others – and we have created a specific signage and have adapted all spaces in order to guarantee social distancing in all spaces at the hotels. Dispensers with an alcohol-based disinfectant solution have been placed in several locations in the hotels.
- All guests must wear a mask when moving around closed spaces and outside areas.
- The Pestana Hotel Group’s Hotels and Pousadas de Portugal in Portugal are certified by the Clean & Safe seal of Turismo de Portugal. For more information on the procedures and processes that have been reviewed, we suggest you consult our Commitment to Hygiene & Safety – Pestana Hotel Group accessible via this link.
All Pestana Hotel Group Hotels/Pousadas in Portugal, as their activity resumes, carry Turismo de Portugal`s Clean&Safe certification seal.3. Have there been any changes to services at some Hotels/Pousadas in Portugal?
The correct implementation of the guidelines issued by the health authorities of each country has led, in most cases, to changes in the service level of the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal, and they may differ from unit to unit, depending on the originally existing services and their scale of operation. These changes may be revised over time, according to any changes in legislation applied at the time, and in each country. In order to keep abreast of the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada, we suggest you check the page dedicated to Hotels/Pousadas on Pestana.com
4. If there has been a change in service, can I change or cancel my booking?
The conditions for changing or cancelling the applicable booking depend on the cancellation policy in effect at the time of booking. To this end, we suggest that you contact our call centre on 808 252 252 (call from Portugal) or on +351 218 442 001 (call from outside Portugal). You can also use the email email@example.com. Will the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal restaurants be operating?
The majority of restaurants and bars will be operating, and some service procedures and formats have been revised, in order to comply with the guidelines issued by local health authorities, namely:
- Self-catering - restaurant and bar services will be suspended and guests will be able to prepare their meals in the kitchenettes of their rooms/accommodation/apartments.- Limited Service – restaurant and bar services will be limited to breakfast only- Full service – restaurant and bar services will be fully operational, ensuring that all meals comply with the restriction below.
- We have reviewed all the services and depending on the hotel, we will be offering a Grab & Go or Take-Away service, an à la Carte Restaurant Service or a Buffet with Service.
- We have created three levels of service:
6. Will the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal swimming pools be operating?Hotel swimming pools will be in operation, ensuring compliance with the measures issued by local health authorities, namely with regard to maximum capacity and social distancing between chairs/ loungers.7. Is it mandatory to wear a mask inside the Hotel/Pousada de Portugal?All guests must wear a mask when circulating in closed spaces and outside areas.8. The Hotel/Pousada where I made my reservation is closed, how can I change or cancel my reservation?You can change or cancel your booking at no additional cost. To this end, we suggest that you contact our call centre on 808 252 252 (call from Portugal) or on +351 218 442 001 (call from outside Portugal) or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Will the spas at the Hotels/Pousadas de Portugal be operating?The operation of the spas will be in accordance with the measures adopted by the local authorities and may be reviewed in accordance with the updates introduced. In order to remain updated about the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada, we suggest you check the page dedicated to Hotel/Pousada de Portugal on pestana.com10. What is the advantage of installing the Pestana App on my mobile phone?The Pestana App available at this time gives you access to a range of services before, during and after your stay, namely online check-in, room service orders, restaurant/table booking, information about available menus and a wide range of national and international press publications (in partnership with Press Reader).11. What is the advantage of registering on the Pestana App?In addition to the services indicated above, which will facilitate the check-in process and other aspects at times during your stay, you will have access to dedicated promotions and other useful information for future bookings. The registration process is automatic and can be done at any time. Following registration on the App, you will automatically belong to the Pestana Guest Club. To find out more information related to this programme, we suggest you consult this link.12. If I forget or don’t have a mask, will I be given one?We recommend that all guests bring their own personal protective material. If during your stay you should need additional material, please contact the reception desk of the Hotel/Pousada.13. If a case of COVID infection is detected, what are the procedures in place?If you suspect that you have been infected by COVID, we recommend that you remain in your room and contact the reception desk. All Hotels/Pousadas have a specific area where the infected person(s) may wait until the Local Authorities send a healthcare professional to make an assessment and/or arrange transport to a competent health unit. All employees are trained in these procedures.14. How will the room keys be delivered and will there be a bell-hop to deliver suitcases?In order to ensure the safety of all guests and employees, all keys will be sanitised before being delivered to the guest. Likewise, if an employee needs to carry the guest’s suitcases, these will be duly sanitised before and after their transport.15. How will the rooms be cleaned and disinfected?The Pestana Hotel Group has reviewed all hygiene and safety procedures and processes in order to ensure the health of its guests and employees. Accordingly, the cleaning and sanitisation processes have also been revised in light of the guidelines issued by the local authorities, and the following amendments have been introduced:
- Pre-booking of a table is mandatory so that we can ensure compliance with the maximum capacity restrictions. You can also make your booking through the Pestana App.
- We provide the menus of the restaurants and bars on the Pestana App, as well as on the screens and through QR Codes made available in these spaces. Whenever a paper menu is required, it will be for single use only. In order to keep abreast of the services currently available at each Hotel/Pousada, we suggest you check the page dedicated to Hotel/Pousada de Portugal on pestana.com
16. Will daily cleaning of the rooms continue to be ensured?All cleaning and sanitisation procedures have been intensified and as such daily cleaning is ensured, as well as the changing of bed linen and bathroom towels.17. Can a guest choose not to have daily cleaning?Daily cleaning of the rooms has been intensified in accordance with the guidelines issued by the local authorities. However, the guest may choose to do their own cleaning. All rooms will be duly cleaned and sanitised prior to the entry of a new guest.18. Are the lifts operational and subject to any capacity limitations?The use of lifts, as well as other public areas, must follow the guidelines issued by local health authorities. Lift capacity has been adjusted and should be consulted at the Hotel/Pousada de Portugal itself.
- Employees will be protected with masks and gloves, as well as disposable plastic aprons
- The cleaning of the room - often, with processes and products adapted to the context - will be performed without the guest being present inside the room and only 20 minutes after leaving