Need help with your booking?
Need help with your booking?
Madeira is a beautiful garden in the middle of the Atlantic... and with the Pestana Group, you can enjoy a fantastic stay in some of the best hotels in Madeira! Choose one of our hotels in Funchal and have a dream vacation in 4-star, 5-star or all-inclusive hotels.
"In the curve of the sea, an island embroidered with flowers" Ângela Varela
With year-round mild climate, incredibly dense and lush vegetation, surrounded by a blue ocean and steep peaks, the island of Madeira is a garden in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Make an appointment with nature and take a walk along the levadas that lead to the Laurissilva Forest, a UNESCO World Natural Heritage and the most hidden and stunning landscape of the island.
Admire the view of Pico Ruivo, the highest point of Madeira and take a dip in the natural volcanic pools of Porto Moniz, taste the famous Poncha in the modern city of Funchal and if you prefer adventure, choose canoeing and climbing! Madeira is a destination surrounded by nature, adventure and wonderful landscapes.
It is known as a garden island due to its lush greenery and natural beauty. With a pleasant climate and various important events throughout the year, it is perfect for outdoor activities.
Levadas: Walks following ancient watercourses surrounded by nature.
– Laurissilva Forest: The largest semitropical rainforest in the world – native to Madeira and recognised as a World Heritage site.
– Boat tours: There is a vast choice of tours that go around the islands, taking tourists to see whales and dolphins or to dive amongst exotic fish or shipwrecks.
– New Year: The fireworks over Funchal Bay are a unique experience.
– Carnaval: Madeira’s Carnival traditions and parades attract thousands of visitors each year
– Festa da Flor: It takes place every year at the end of May as a tribute to Spring and the flowering of tropical species. It brings together parades, artists, competitions and exhibitions.
– Lavradores Market: It is worth going in the morning to witness the hustle and bustle of the market. Praça do Peixe (Fish Square) is unmissable.
The Rose Garden is in the north of Madeira, more specifically in Arco de São Jorge in Santana. Besides its unique beauty and its surrounding Laurissilva Forest, it is in itself a common cultural and botanical heritage of all Madeirans and Portuguese. It is one of the five most famous rose gardens in Europe and one of the largest in the world.
If you make a reservation for Pestana Quinta do Arco, you have free access to the Rose Garden. When you make a double booking in any Pestana hotel in Madeira, you receive 1 ticket to visit the rose garden at the Pestana Quinta do Arco. You can also purchase a second ticket for €7.50 (counter price), and children up to the age of 12 do not pay admission fee. Visits can take place between April 1st and December 31st and include tea.
In a simple but flavourful cuisine, the ingredients are based on land and sea offerings with plenty of fish and shellfish, fruit and side dishes you will only find here.
– Fillets of black scabbardfish with banana
– Tuna steaks with milho frito fried corn
– Grilled limpets with garlic and lemon
– Beef skewer on a laurel stick
– Meat with wine and garlic
– Lady Finger banana, sugar banana, banana passion fruit
– Bolo do Caco (traditional flatbread)
- International Access: Madeira Airport has Rent-a-car, taxis and buses services.
The main airlines to fly to Madeira Airport are British Airways, EasyJet, Iberia, Lufthansa, Sata, TAP Portugal, Transavia and Vueling